Sunday, January 11, 2009

What´s new

Hello Friends,
Today it is cold and rainy. But that is not different from any other day. So, what can I tell you that is new and different. I still don´t have all the documents that I need for my visa. However, I believe that sometime next week, the owner should have the final document that I need. My criminal history report, my sister Sophia is getting it for me. It is wonderful having family in great places....she works for the sheriff´s office. The only hang-up I can see regarding the criminal history report is having it translated(to Spanish) in GA, notarized and apostilled.
What else can I tell you.... I think my students officially hate me. Why might you ask, especially since I am a wonderful person. Well, I make them work and I give them tests. And, if they don´t turn in their homework when it is due, they get zero points. If they cheat on a test, they get zero points, if they are talking during a test, I take the test from them, give them zero points and I kick them out of class. So, I think that about covers it all. But, other than that, I am great with them... I laugh and joke with them when the timing is appropriate. I learned really qucik that I had to be really strict when it comes to tests and homework. For the most part, the students are lazy and are notorious for cheating. I call them professional cheaters.
Next month is Carnival. This is a time when it is a free for all and you get water balloons thrown at you. I am positive that all the students will be using me as their target practice. No worries, I will still give them zero on their homework when it´s not submitted on time and a zero if they are talking or cheating during their test. :-)

No comments: