Friday, January 16, 2009

Where will I go?

How much do you believe what 1Peter 5:7 says? I personally have come to really appreciate this scripture. There has been countless times over the years when Jehovah reminds me that he loves me and is profundly interested in me as an individual and as one of his servants. Let me briefly let you know what I mean. I have to move. Not right now, but within the next few months. Where will I go and will it be a safe place for me since I have no roommate? How and where will I get money for the deposit?
Jehovah´s blessing:
Yesterday, some friends in my congregation, who also live on my street, offered me a room to rent close the apartment that they own downstairs. Apparently, their daughter and her husband will be moving out of the apartment and into their new home. Since my arrival in Cuenca, I have been paying $100 in rent (utilities included), of which many of the friends tell me that it´s too much. (You may recall, my monthly salary is $200.) The remaining $100, I use to buy food, call home, use the internet, and for public transportation. Well, these friends offered me the room for $50 utilities included.
Since money is really tight for me, the family who I live with currently, returned part of my $100 rent payment and told me that they want to make sure that I have plenty to buy food. (I suspect that his wife was peaking in the refigerator...but I have not proof) I´m no chef when it comes to cooking and stick close to eating eggs and rice, soups, salad, fruit and chicken. mmmmm tasty! Nevertheless, I am greatful for their generosity. I paid $50 in rent last month and $60 in rent this month. Jehovah is wonderful indeed!

No comments: