Monday, January 19, 2009

Contamination in Cuenca

Hello agian friends.
Well, here is the lastest and the greatest. I don´t think that I will ever get use to the air contamination here because I am reminded on a daily basis that it is a huge problem here. My asthma bothers me practically everyday. But, thanks to modern technology and the advancement of medicine, I have my inhaler that does wonders. The only thing that my lips touch are the cute faces of the babies in the congregation and my inhaler. :-)
With the help of Nora, who moved from the states to serve here, I was able to get in contact with a sister who has an Ion Cleanser. What is this? you ask. Well, it´s a wonderful creation that helps to pull out the toxins from the body and it´s painless! In the states, I paid $50 per session. Sometimes, I was able to find it cheaper. However, here I only pay $10, which was discounted $5 because I am a regular pioneer. I could only afford one to two visits a month, but after talking to Sara Edith, the sister who owns the machine, she lowered the price even more for me. $5 bucks!! That´s all I pay for my treatments, $20 SMACKAROOS! This little machine does wonders for my lungs and I feel like a new person. What a tremendous blessing this has been from Jehovah!

No comments: