Monday, January 26, 2009

The water bombers

Hello Again,
Well, let me give you an update on what has been happening here within the last few days. There is a celebration that many either love or hate. It`s called, Carnival. I, for one, do not like it one bit...besides the whole pagan thiny. Children seem to really enjoy this time. It starts some time late in February but for some reason, many kids have started throwing water balloons now. And guess what? Yup!.... you guessed it, we had some water balloons thrown at us (Alicia and I had just finished a study.) I actually water balloons thrown at me twice in the same day. I realize that self-control is an area of weakness for me. And, I seriously try and work on improving in this area. However, I failed the test yesterday. Yup, some kids with a water hose and balloons were geared up to drown us with water. We had no where to go but down the hill. No matter how close I tried to get to the curb, I just could not get farther away from them. So, I had water balloons thrown at me and also got sprayed with the water hose. I tried to keep my cool, but lost it. I picked up light weight piece of wood about 4¨ x 4¨and threw it at them. Of course, it came no where close to them, but in some small way, it helped to subside my frustration. Yeap. I felt guilty afterwards and had to ask Jehovah for help.... especially as we get closer to Carnival.

No comments: