Monday, December 29, 2008

The Interview

Well, the job situation has been complicated. The laws have changed and therefore it has been very difficult for me to change my current visa to a work visa. I have gone from department after department and have finally got the information and documents needed, thanks to a co-worker who is also an attorney. Bottomline is, I have to quit. It has taken the school where I work currently a very long time to produce the necessary documents and I have until Jan. 9th to get things in order. (If not, I could lose my privilege as a Regular Pioneer and get kicked out of Ecuador because it´s illegal to work on a 12 vii visa. An attorney that I spoke to and the rep at the Dept of Ministries said that if I start the process then I´m ok. The problem is, the process technically has not been started because my visa gets kicked back because I don´t have the proper documents.) So, come Monday morning (Jan 5th), I have to communicate the same to the owner of the school. I pray that all will go well. Basically, I hope that he will pay me my last check and let me leave with a fuss.
In preparation for the possibility that he will not have the documents in time, I started looking for a new job. Today was my first and only interview. I got the job but the only twist is ... it starts in April. They will be able to help me change my visa. Hopefully, we won´t run into any snags. So, what do I do from January until April on limited funds???? Matthew 6:33.

1 comment:

Chad and Michele said...

It's great to see that your back to writing and keeping us all informed, even your friends here in Ecuador. :-) Just remember, Jehovah always takes care of those who make sacrifices in order to do his will.