Friday, December 26, 2008

After the English Convention

Hello Again,
After the English Convention, I started looking for a job. Money was just about to run out because I grossly underestimated what I would need to live on each month and for unexpected expenses. So, I was on the hunt for a job. Thanks to some friends in my congreagtion, they took me around to leave my resumé. I prayed so much for Jehovah´s direction in this matter and to help me find work so that I could stay as long as possible. To my surprise, when I returned home from dropping off my resumé, I received a call from the owner of one of the private schools. We set a time and day for the interview and the same friends dropped me off for the interview and waiting until I was done. I was so nervious. I said a prayer to Jehovah to help me answer all their questions and to help them understand my Spanglish. I met with two people. First, I met with the director of the school and then with her husband, the owner. They offered me the job and said that they pay $200 per month. I would have to teach 5 classes M-F from 8am - 12:30pm and one day I would have to stay a little later. I was dissapointed that it paid less that what I wanted but it was sufficient to pay for my rent and food and not much else. I was somewhat worried about my service because I was normally used to preaching in the morning. However, I felt it was Jehovah´s direction since we have service meetings in the afternoon and there was support from the congregation. So, I accepted the job under the condition that they assist me in changing my visa which they agreed. I stressed that if I was not able to change my visa then I would not be able to work for them. They understood. I started working on obtaining the necessary paperwork for my visa and I started work a few weeks later.

No comments: