Friday, December 26, 2008

It´s been a long time.

It has been a long time since my last blog was posted. A lot has been going on. Around the time of the English Convention, I went into a long-term state of sadness. I was missing my family, friends and all that was familiar to me in the states. Also, my family was going through a very difficult time and I had desperately desired to go back home. This period lasted for nearly 3 months. I am greatful to Jehovah, all the friends here and back home who helped me get through it. And, the situation with my family has gotten a lot better.
It has been a real journey trying to make friends. Since my arrival, my experience has been that many are very private and distant. This has been my greatest challenge from day one. As many of you know, I travelled to Cuenca, Ecuador alone and I had hoped that making friends would not be a problem. But like all things, Jehovah can teach us a lot about ourselves and others. As a result, I have become more quiet, observant, and have had the privilege of witnessing things that I would have otherwise passed over before. One can really learn a lot about body language. Above all, I have learned more about myself and things that I need to work on... refinement.

No comments: