Monday, July 21, 2008

New Days

I am no longer singing the blues. There was a brief 3-day moment when I was terribly missing everyone but the many emails and calls made me have a quick recovery. Thanks for the words of encouragement!
For the past few days, the weather has been WONDERFULLY WARM. It's a welcoming change. The month of August is suppose to be very windy and cold. From what i'm told, South America has had a climatic change due to El Nino. The summer months were typically warm but are now much colder.
As far as service, Bro. Freddy and I went to do the rv/study with Esteban but no one was home. I plan to go back later this week so that I can turn over the study to a brother in my book study. Christina studies regularly and her husband is due to return back from Guayaquil where he was taking care of his sick mother. I am sure I will find out soon if she will continue to be regular in her study. I hope for the best. The other studies I have are no longer showing interest and one of the studies, a married couple, was on loan since Patty (Pioneer sister in my hall) had to work full-time in July. I believe I mentioned before that Jocelyn's mother stopped her study. That was a bummer. Another study lost for the moment. I still visit the Narcisa's, two studies with the same name. One is having family and health problems and the other is having work done on her house and has expressed that she is really busy. The great thing about the preaching work is that Jehovah knows the heart. We keep going back to those that show interest and wait and to see it flourish.
Thanks to Jehovah, I have only 80 hours left to complete for this service year. My goal is to have only 50 hours to fulfill in August since I will be missing several days attending both the English and Spanish District Assembly. The English District Assembly will be held in Guayaquil and we plan on leaving the 31st of July and I will return to Cuenca on the 4th. The last weekend of August is the Spanish D.A. I am excited and can't wait for our spiritual feast.
My online TEFL class is going well. I have passed the first 3 sections and have recently started the 4th. There are 10 levels/sections in total. I hope to start looking for a job before the end of the month. Many schools start back in Sept. or Oct. Also, to help me with teaching English, I asked 4 friends, each with different levels of English, to let me teach them English. I am documenting what level they currently are at, their scores for homework and tests and any additional observations that will be beneficial for me once I start teaching. So far, things are going very well. All but one are scoring a grade of B or higher.

No comments: