Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Interest in over worked territory?

Today, An older sister (Hna. Montalesa) asked me to work with her out in the territory, I obliged. We meet twice a week at her house for the service meeting. I went on a study with her once before. She has a quiet demeanor... a very pleasant sister. We were assigned to work not at homes. I don´t know if it was the cold or what my problem was exactly. I found myself somewhat frustrated that we were working the same territory again and again. Nonetheless, we knocked on the doors and two came out visibly sick (and quickly return indoors) and the others were not interested, busy or not at home. However, there was a little boy that listened carefully to Hna. Montelesa and he accepted the brochure from her too. I was not sure where she was going with her presentation and thus tried to help her out, but my attempts failed. Before we departed, I felt the urge to ask this teenager, if he wanted to know the answer to something related to the bible, what would it be. He took a moment and responded... Que es la fe?.... (what is faith?) We made arrangements to return this Friday morning to answer the question and promised to bring ´Esteben´the Bible Teach book.
On the same street, we turned the corner and I immediately recognized the house. The owner saw us and went indoors and when we knocked and knocked and knocked, he did not respond. But when we knocked today, the wife came out and attended to us. She listened, although a devout catholic, and accepted the brochure.
We never know where we will find interested ones. That´s why we are so greatful to Jehovah for the many angels that are directing this great work of ours.

No comments: