Wednesday, July 2, 2008

A loving reminder

Yesterday, I had two studies in the morning. I went to the group with the hopes of finding a partner to accompany me, and so I did. However, since the group was let out late, we were going to have to hurry. We walk to most of our studies and so I was hoping to have a partner who could walk very fast with the hopes of reducing our tardiness. My partner was an older brother. He is a very patient brother and thus walks at a leisurely pace. I thought, if I walk somewhat faster, maybe he will too. My attempts failed. After about twenty minutes into our walk, I remembered the words of Bro. Roberto Ramirez. We don´t behave like some men do in some cultures where the man walks infront of the lady. We walk together... shoulder to shoulder. We walk at the pace of our brother/sister. I adjusted not only my thinking but also my pace. We arrived at the first study about 35 late and the second study about 45 minutes late. But all in all, Jehovah allowed us to conduct both studies. The second study is with a little girl that attends college (referred to as high school in the states). Joslyn wants to have another study this Friday. And my first study is with Cristina. She only has Tuesdays off of work and when I encouraged her to attend the meeting on Sunday at 8:30am she said that she starts work at 9am and has to open the restaurant for the other employees since her boss is away in Peru. However, I try to go with my sister- in-law (a witness) in her town on Tuesday nights to the Kingdom Hall, she said. She truly is a blessing.

No comments: