Saturday, July 5, 2008

Injured in service?

I went out today in the territory with Fanny, a pioneer sister. We did some rv's afterwards. Upon arriving at one road up the hill, she pointed to an area that was full of mud and said we had to walk down to get to the house. Hmmm. That was going to be a problem since the rain had left everything nice and muddy for us. Upon our descend, I had a thought....hhmmmm... I hope I don't fall. We descended trying to stabilize our balance along side a barbed wire. Well just as I had finished that thought....down I went. I not only went down, but slid a feet or two. My arm was caught on the barbed wire which thanks to Jehovah just tore a huge hole into my coat instead of my arm. Well, Fanny rushes over and attempts to unhook my jacket from the barbed wire. No, no... wait until I get up, first. I said. So, I slid back up the hill a little so that I could get my balance and then I was able to rise to my feet and unhook my jacket. Oh, that's just great! I thought. First I loose my glove and now I tare my jacket. Thankfully, I was not too muddy nor hurt and was able to continue out in service. Fanny's mom, Mercedes, comes to the top of the road and yells for us to return and go another path. We obliged. The path was narrower, full of bugs of which feasted on my blood, but the path was not as slippery as the previous path. We finally reach the road that takes us to the rv's house. Upon our arrival, the house holder informed us that she was leaving for the afternoon and that it was better to come back on another day. Oh well, I thought. I am going home. Upon our ascend to the road, we see Fanny's sister Norma driving and she pulls over and offers us a ride to another rv. Apparently, Mercedes told Norma that I had fallen because when I got into her truck, she apologized and said that Fanny mistaken her instructions and went to the wrong place. The service morning ended up with Norma treating us for lunch. You know, the saying 'the way to a man's heart is through his stomach'... it doesn't only apply to men but me too. :-)

No comments: