Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Service

Hello Folks,
I am enjoy my new congregation, East Elk Grove Spanish. I don't have any studies as of yet but I do have 3 return visits to which I am very excited considering that it's difficult finding interested ones. One of my revisitas is named Maribel. She opened up to me and Emily (sister in my new congregation) about what's going on in her family. Her daughter Alondra is rebelling due to the new 5 year old kid in their family. I don't remember the name of the little boy who appears to be a foster child. Alondra, according to Maribel, refuses to eat, has been having behavorial problems and have not warmed up to their new family addition. I spoke to Maribel about the book Jovenes Preguntan. I will be delivering the book on Thursday.... so, hopefully things will go well.
I still have no job but am not freaking out as previously. My family continues to be very patient with me even though I know that I am driving them crazy because I refuse to work full time. To them, it makes no sense. They think I am throwing my college degree in the trash. I just reason with them by telling them that for once in my life I am happy and that I plan to do everything possible to maintain this level of happiness. I know they want the best for me, and I appreciate their interest in helping me find a job. Recently, I had to talk to my sister Monique and her boss Raquel about a job that they were encouraging me to take. I talked to Monique more than once and told her that I was not interested for two reasons, first it was full time and second, they were looking for someone who was bilingual verbal and written. Now, I was flattered that she had thought I was so capable, but lets get real. Have you seen my translation skills from English to Spanish. Yeah, so not happening. I graciously thanked them both for they presistence but kindly declined. I just felt so sad because they were so happy when they called me to give me the name and number of the person who was conducting the interviews. I am doing all that I can, networking, sending resumes and cover letters.... so I am just waiting to see how things workout. Until next time.

No comments: