Thursday, June 18, 2009

Interview Pre-Results

Hey Folks,
I survived the interview! I was very nervious but fortunately, 45 minutes later, it was over. Natika (hiring mgr.) asked serveral questions which I had to really think....way back... in order to give her an answer. I tried to be mindful when I had to explain technical terminology but it was very hard because I had to give past work related examples of problems and resolutions. Anyways, she left me thinking that they may or may not hire me. So what does that mean? Hmmm. Well, Natika said that she preferred someone with more sales experience. I countered that with my 4 yrs of working experience for Kelly Moore Paints (It was a long time ago which was why it was not listed on my resume.) Then she said that what she would like to do is hire me as a sales associate for a couple of months just so that I could get the work experience in sales and become more familiar with the business and then move me to the Lead Sales position. She commented on my work experience in other areas which would be an asset to the company and would work well, but that I had lacked the amount of (current) sales experience she was looking for. So, bottom line, I have to wait until next Friday to find out...it's a "go" or it's a "no" because she has more people to interview. I will let you all know, when I do.

No comments: