Saturday, June 13, 2009

1st book placement!!!!!

Thursday and Friday were great service days for me. I was able to do my return visits and actually place the Young People Ask book. It was great! My first book placement. I'm on a roll! I even started a door stop study with the mother (Viviana) of my other return visit(Marcos).

Today, I went on a study with Sis. Lopez. It was with a young kid, 16 yrs old, Jonathan. He is Seven Day Adventist. Jonathan had a lot of questions....really great questions. He believes in the trinity...no surprise there. We tried very hard to explain with the scriptures some of his questions, but he still did not understand many of the points we were explaining in both languages, English and Spanish. He believes that sinners are going to see God in the second coming. I tried to reason with him by asking, if "God"did not allow Moises, a man closer to perfection, not to see him, what is your reasoning why "God" will allow us, being that we are much farther away from perfection, to see him? He said, ''that is why Jesus died for us so that we will be able to see him." I thought, yeah, right, not even close. But, I thanked him for his response and for opening up to us about his beliefs and I encouraged him to continue to ask questions so that he can aquire the truth like as we read in John 17:3. I have no doubts, he probably thinks he's making me a new recruit. Not even close.
It was really bizzare talking to him. Some friends from other congregations have told me of their experience during studies or speaking with people from the public who have felt a demonic presence. It wasn't until this study, that I understood personally what they were telling me. It was as if Jonathan's demeanor had completely changed and I kept looking at him and it just tripped me out. His voice became a little aggressive a couple points he was trying to make, but he made no sense at all. And at one point his eyes looked liked they had a shot of light come from inside out. I don't know how to explain it. It was really wierd.

No comments: