Tuesday, March 3, 2009

a little old lady

One day, about 2 months ago, a little old lady stopped me and asked me for a bible. I was heading home from work and did not have one. I reassured her that I could get one and if we could meet the next day at 1:30pm in the same spot. I did not understand her directions to her house, so I opted to just meet at the same location. The next day came and I got there late because she I had a meeting to attend. Well, she was not there. The next day, she was not there either...and the next and so one for several days. So, whenever I walked down the same street and saw a little old lady, I immediately would think...could it be her....and it would turn out not to be. So a long time passed by and on my way home, I run into a sister who had just finished with service. She asked me to accompany her to get some leaves she needed to make tomales. And guess what.... it was the little old lady. Her name is Luz. Her family is opposed to her studying and we have to study on Saturday mornings when they are not there. So far, we have had two studies. Last week, she asked me for another Que Enseña because her family stole the other. She tole me that if I could get her another book, she would keep it in her clothes so that they would not be able to take it from her. I will keep you updated on her progress.

No comments: