Tuesday, April 8, 2008

The sick neighbor - CA

One day after school, B.J. cames home struggling to bring in his suitcase-like backpack into the house shouting my name "Barbara, Barbara.... are you here?"
Barb: Coming out Monique's bedroom, I responded: Yeah, babe what's up?
B.J.: Can we pray?
Barb: Sure, B.J. are you o.k.? What's going on?
B.J.: Down the street, there are two big emergency trucks and the lady that lives there has cancer.
Barb: Would you like to say the prayer or do you want me to say it?
B.J.: You say it, please.
Barb: After giving the prayer, I said to B.J. - " I am very proud of you. That was wonderful of you to offer a prayer for your neighbor. Even though she is very sick, we know that Jehovah hears our prayers and he has the power to heal her or help her cope with her illness. Also, we know what the bible says about one day soon, no one will be sick.

No comments: