Thursday, May 14, 2009

I'm Home

Wow! So much has happened and it has seemed like forever since I last updated my blog. Well, I turned over my studies to a few sisters in the Banos congregation. That was tough. The morning of my departure, I walked into the kitchen for a cup of water and tears started to flow down my face. The reality finally hit home for me, ... I'm going home. I already miss everybody, my studies, the friends, the crazy dogs in the neighborhood...everything about Cuenca, I miss. After being in the states one week, I already want to come back. But, there is so much going on right now that it will make it difficult for me to do so. In time, I hope to at least come back for a visit. It would be great if I am able to do so next year.
My first few days back into the states were nice. I can flush the toilet paper down the toilet now. That was a huge thrill for me. When I turned on the light in the room or bathroom, I could actually see.
A few days ago Monique, my sister, was watching a movie. "Hey, Moni. I can see the harness attached to the actor in this movie." Monique looks back at me and smiles and says, "This is from the editting room. It was illegally copied. Welcome back to Ecuador!"

No comments: